Wednesday 10 March 2010

Love and War

We all know that relationships are alot of work and some of us are equiped to deal with it and endure. Many times you learn alot about yourself that you didn't know before being in a relationship. There are times when you feel that your partner may want you to change things about yourself. They may be very liberal about it or on the other hand they won't and will just simply drop hints or low blows. Now, I am a very open person and if I realise that I have done something wrong I will assess the situation and then decide whether I want to change certain things about myself...in the way I react to certain issues or matters when I choose to not address them at all. Sometimes it feels like it is a war you're fighting when in truth and fact it's not between two people but the war is with youself. There was a time when I felt that I needed to be in a relationship to feel a sense of comfort and to feel loved. That was the worst perception I could have because when I entered into a relationship, the person I was with held back from me. He held back all that I felt that I needed to be loved, cared for, emotionally supported. Later on I realized that what I needed had to come from me first and I don't mean to sound cliche but you have to love yourself first. The war is not between you and your partner, it is between you and YOU! Everyday we learn new things about ourselves, those are our blocks. Pay attention and use your blocks to build a great you.Sometimes you have help and sometimes you don't but when you work diligently you can build a strong, beautiful house that can weather the storm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...