Sunday 6 May 2012

YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ THIS - Changing Your Email For Your Blog

So I learnt a valuable lesson this week.

Changing your email associated with your blog (the one you use to log in) is not really a big deal. The problem is when you delete the email account and all associated services (stuff linked to it like youtube, picasa, etc.)

I learnt this the hard way.

So I decided to change the email so as to be able to use one email for the blog and my youtube etc because I created this blog back in 2008 and the blog had a different name yadda yadda yadda. I thought that it was pointless to have THREE gmail accounts so I decided to close my first account, which was the one I first used for this blog. You're following right?

So I log in to blogger andddddddddddddddd


BAMMMMMM!!!!! In my face!



All my old posts were looking like this. Now I was completely dumbfounded and clueless as to what happened. I went and read some forums and learnt that picasa hosts blogger photos and your picasa account is linked to the email. So basically, what happened was when I deleted the first email account and all associated services....poof went my picasa...and poof went all my old photos on my posts.

Since I can't get my photos back, I'm now RE-UPLOADING them. Of course I won't have all of them saved so unfortunately, some posts would have to be DELETED :(



It feels bittersweet to have to delete all my old material but I've been blogging a lot more lately and plan to have more content up for my readers. My blog has evolved so much since my first post, WHICH HAPPENS TO BE THE ONLY ONE WHERE THE PHOTO WAS NOT AFFECTED BY THE CHANGE. I was able to leave it up :) YAYYYY.

It's really tedious to have to re-upload photos but I'm almost done uploading all the popular post as of this moment. What life has taught me is to never give up and I was really sad when this happened but this train has gotta keep moving.

Here's to picking up the pieces and moving on...

Cheers!
xoxo
Dee

3 comments:

Bellezza Bee said...

thanks for sharing!

Bellezza Bee said...

thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Yeah I wouldn't like to see it happen to anyone else. This was like a nightmare, lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...